Thursday, September 17, 2009

Progress

Maark & Lady are doing well. They are no longer getting any anti-inflammatories & they continue to move better & better. Both have spring to their steps & no longer dread moving. Lady bounces as she walks & has a swing to her gait that lets me know she's no longer in pain. Maark is becoming the bright eyed young horse he's meant to be, occasionally trotting to where he wants to go. They no longer huddle together at the bottom of the pasture in shared pain. More often than not I see them investigating their surroundings with longing looks toward the herd in the next pasture. While they're not ready to join the herd, it's wonderful to see them wanting to be normal horses. My concern over dehydration in no longer needed because they now travel the pasture to the water trough. Both are very vocal at feeding time & I'm sure they think I'm starving them with their monitored diet. The Equicasts with Super Fast are working wonderfully. I would personally recommend casting to anyone who has a foundering horse. I know they can be expensive, but they're well worth the expense as they might just save the horse. I still can't thank Sally & James enough for spending the day to make my new horses better. It's really because of them that Lady & Maark are getting a second chance at life.

No comments:

Post a Comment